With a diverse background in design, art, and museum education I am constantly inspired by the world around me and hope to spark your child’s creativity in the process.
B.S. Cornell University, M.A. Teachers College Columbia University
• New York State Certified Teacher: Visual Arts License K – 12. Professional Certification.
• Currently the Lower School Art teacher (K – 5) at a top ranked school in New York. Responsible for designing and implementing studio art curriculum and arts programming for 700 students. Created arts partnerships with multiple cultural institutions.
• Experience with elementary level gifted and talented population and high school art majors
• Prior professional experiences include design, production, and marketing in the Apparel industry
-New York City Museum Education Roundtable
-National Art Education Association 2007 Conference presenter
Processes and Techniques taught:
• Basic Clay Sculpture
• Mixed Media Sculpture (Wire, Wood, Foam, Found Object)
• Hand Sewing/Textile Arts
• Collage/Mixed Media